Super Mario 3D Land is a video game created by Nintendo and the next installment in the Mario series . It is a Mario platformer game that has similar features elements from the 3D games. This game was released on November 13, 2011 and in Japan on November 3rd. It had positive reviews and a large launch Event in New York for it.
The plot or story of this Mario game is almost equivilant to the very first Mario Game. It is a game where Bowser kidnaps Princess Peach and takes her across the kingdom to his final Castle. Somehow very unlike the game of Super Mario Bros for DS or Wii when Bowser Jr. Tanooki leaves fell off. Then in the morning Mario discovers a message and it shows Peach being kidnapped by Bowser so now Mario has to go save the Princess once again! He must travel through 8 worlds and save Peach!
The gameplay of this game is very similar to Super Mario Galaxy except for the fact there is no long jump to help you this time. The Gameplay is quite simple, like a Mario DS game it has very similar controls with A is the jump L and R are crouching. B only does some stuff like jumping as well! Though the X can be used to activate your powerup. You can also find crouching for a long time useful as it allows you to do a high jump if you press a while crouching. The gamplay feels very much like a true platforming game with a very unique style.
- Super Mushroom
- Super Leaf
- Fire Flower
- Boomerang Flower
- Invincible Flower
- Statue Leaf
- This is the first Mario game for the 3DS.
- The tentative title was called "Super Mario" by Nintendo Power.
- This is one of the many games where Luigi is kidnapped almost the entire game.
- At the launch event in New York, proffesionals permormed Mario-like stunts on a small area shaped like the game's worlds.
- Many beta elements were shown through the trailers; not appearing in the actual game.
- Some fans mistaked it for Super Mario Galaxy 3DS.